Thank you for supporting of our #StopRepeatingHistory campaign! This page provides tools that you can use to help us spread the word.
Our objectives are to:
- Highlight the civil liberties threat posed by the Muslim ban through illustrating how the U.S. Supreme Court failed to perform its constitutional duties in the Hirabayashi, Yasui, and Korematsu cases;
- Enlist 1,000 sign-ons to the Call to Action; and
- Engage supporters in tangible action to support our campaign and allied efforts.
We are proud to support the #NoMuslimBanEver campaign. Learn more at http://www.nomuslimbanever.com.
Ways you can help:
- Share our campaign on social media;
- See below for sample tweets and images
- Use your organization’s email list or your personal lists to share information about our campaign;
- Write or include an article in your e-newsletter or postal newsletter;
- Sample article (Word)
- Mention the Campaign and/or the amicus brief in your public appearances or speaking opportunities
- Suggested amicus brief talking points, for legal audience (Word)
We also encourage you to support films currently on tour or in production:
- And Then They Came for Us is a film on tour about the incarceration by Abby Ginzberg and Ken Schneider, featuring George Takei https://www.thentheycamedoc.com
- Never Give Up! Minoru Yasui and the Fight for Justice is a film in production by Holly Yasui and Will Doolittle, narrated by George Takei http://www.minoruyasuifilm.org
If you need customized content, or have ideas on other ways to help us, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Sample text for tweets and post intros
Download a Word doc with the sample tweets and a link to download images
You can also use strh.co as a short URL in posts to save characters.
- It is the Supreme Court’s constitutional duty to question the President #StopRepeatingHistory StopRepeatingHistory.org #NoMuslimBanEver
- The Supreme Court must not rubber stamp an executive action again #StopRepeatingHistory StopRepeatingHistory.org #NoMuslimBanEver
- Join a Call to Action by Jay Hirabayashi, Holly Yasui and Karen Korematsu => StopRepeatingHistory.org #StopRepeatingHistory #NoMuslimBanEver
- Connect the dots between the incarceration and today’s civil rights threats #StopRepeatingHistory StopRepeatingHistory.org #NoMuslimBanEver
- No President is above the law. #StopRepeatingHistory StopRepeatingHistory.org #NoMuslimBanEver
- Reject the shameful legacy of Japanese American incarceration #StopRepeatingHistory StopRepeatingHistory.org #NoMuslimBanEver